I Design For...

Proud DT Member Blinkie CY Past Designer for...

Followers

elishapharr2011. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 6, 2012

One Little Word 2012


It's that time of year. One Little World is all abuzz in the cyber scrapbooking world. Everyone is picking out their word and giving there reasons for picking it...such strong powerful words with strong powerful messages. It's a time to reflect upon your life and the coming year and pick a word that you need to work on to make your life better and to be a better person from the inside out. This is my second year to participate. I have been praying the past few days over what my word for the year would be and the Lord has really been convicting me on being PRESENT...Present with my children, with my husband, on the job, and yes, with God. I am guilty, so guilty of not just stopping whatever I am doing and being right there in the moment. I can't tell you the number of times that I have been "busy" doing something and Carley or Gavin or even Mom would come up to me and say something and I would be so engulfed in what was in front of me, that I didn't even comprehend what they were trying to tell me. I know it's hard, being a mother, wife, daughter, daycare provider, sister, friend, taxi driver, lunch maker, house cleaner, and so on, and be able to delegate it all. But, you know what, it is a blessing to me that I have two beautiful children to be a mother to, a wonderful God-given spouse to be a wife to, 12 beautiful daycare children to provide for, a Godly, strong mother to be a daughter to, sisters and brothers to be a sister to, etc...I can't bear the thought of waking up one day and it all be gone. I want to be able to have and be there for them to the best of my ability. I know that each and every one of those relationships are a gift from God. I know that God speaks to us in those moments when we are too busy to hear, to reach out to the people He has put in our path on a daily basis. It's in those moments we minister the love of God and those are the moments we miss when we are not present and not in God's presence. Most of all, I know I have a Father in Heaven that longs for time with me and that's why He keeps whispering to my spirit to just be here now...be in the present. So, that will be the word I will be working on this year, to be here now...to be present.
If you would like to know more about One Little Word, you can read more about it on Ali Edwards blog here. The above photo is courtesy of mfrancesjewelry on etsy.com. You can purchase a word necklace from her here.
What will your word be??

No comments:

Post a Comment